Customs, Duty and HMRC Compliance
Working with one of our specialist partners we are able to provide specialist advice on imports, exports, customs / bonded warehousing, International distribution service and logistics solutions.
Customs, Import, Export and Logistics is the part of the supply chain processes that plans, implements, and controls the efficient, effective forward and reverse flow and storage of goods, services, and related information between the point of origin and the point of consumption in order to meet customs and customers' requirements.
As the logistics community moves towards the complete integration of the supply cycle, the need for understanding the whole process grows. Understanding how the freight flows, where it is at any time, knowing possible choke points and possible problem spots benefits not only the shipper but also the logistics providers, to maximize the use of resources.
Due to advancing globalisation, declining trade barriers and an increasingly mobile workforce, the transport and logistics industry continues to enjoy above average growth.
By expanding Service offerings both upstream and downstream, transport companies and logistics service providers are also becoming masters of their supply chain, both forward and backward.
International growth through acquisitions, joint ventures and alliances are also reshaping the industry.
Under these conditions, new corporate strategies and processes are required and we can assist in all of the following areas:
- Implementation of Customs & Bonded (Excise) Warehouse facilities in accordance with HMRC procedures
- Advice on complicated Customs & Excise, export and import related issues.
- Implement and advice on Customs Facilitation Procedures including deferred duty payments,
- Customs freight simplified procedures, local import controls and general valuation statements.
- Customs Duty Planning including minimising exposure to custom duties,
- Maximising use of custom facilities, Minimising cost of compliance, improving profitability and cash-flow
- Ensure companies are compliant with all current HMRC legislation.
- Liaise and negotiate between HMRC and company board members
- Formulate, implement and train company employees on relevant procedures.