Our specialist and highly experienced Warehouse and Distribution Centre Consultants all have significant Operational and Management experience prior to joining Gideon Hillman Consulting, a corporate member of UKWA (UK Warehousing Association) the leaders in Warehouse Consulting
The warehouse and logistics team are highly expert in reviewing current process and operations and developing solutions for all areas of Materials Handling; Procurement, Warehouse and Inventory Management including, Tactical Stock Locations; Picking processes; Inventory Control and Demand Planning; Vendor Support Operations; Warehouse Performance and Cost Measurement with specific expertise in e-fulfilement operations.
All our analysis and solutions specific to your requirements are presented with clear and concise rationale and where appropriate costed and tested.
The team (and client) also benefit from the company’s in-house CAD facilities for warehouse layouts, racking configuration, automation and MHE and logistics resource planning.
We regularly work with our clients in establishing:
- New Build design and re-configuration of existing warehouse, picking and distribution facilities
- Optimised facility design/ layout, handling practices and workflows.
- Warehouse and inventory management techniques to optimise workflow and costs.
- Cost to serve, travel times and pick rate modelling to support the optimised layouts
- KPI development and Performance Management
- Automation and Materials Handling Systems design and development.
- Tactical stock location(s) and picking strategies.
- Improved demand forecasting to allow for optimised inventories.
- WMS Operational Requirements Specifications.
- Optimised target inventories (holding cost vs. ordering cost vs. service).
- Optimised distribution network design and appropriate cost modelling
- Logistics Network and individual Distribution Centre capacity assessments
- Vehicle fleet profiling and resource requirements aligned with DC and customer requirements
- Implementation of Customs & Bonded (Excise) Warehouse facilities in accordance with HMRC procedures
Warehouse and Distribution Centre Consultancy Case studies:
For further details click on the following links:
- Warehouse Design, Layout & MHE Planning
- Warehouse Management and Inventory Optimisation
- Case Study - A Tailored Warehouse Solution
- Case Study - Warehouse Layout & Pick Face Optimisation
- Case Study - New Warehouse Design and capacity planning
"The final presentation and proposals exceeded our expectations and provided us with a comprehensive overview of suggested warehouse layout designs, material flow routes, storage system options and projected equipment costs. More importantly it has provided us with the 'peace of mind' that the proposed new facility enables us to optimise space utilisation and meets our requirements in terms of anticipated organic growth.
Managing Director - Technology Supplies Ltd
For more information about how our experience warehouse consultants can help you to optimise your warehouse, get in touch with us today at 01926 430 883
To discuss our Warehousing services
Call us on
+44(0) 1926 430 883